26 November 2012

Liver Pate

BIG ANNOUNCEMENTS: Mr.C is taking me to Paris for my 30th Birthday! 

Since he surprised me with this incredible birthday gift, the only thing I can think about is French food: flaky croissants, delicious French onion soup, mountains and mountains of cheese, and of course liver pâté.

Now, I don’t actually like liver to look like liver on my plate. What I mean by this is that I don’t like the sight, color or texture of chicken livers but once they are cooked, seasoned and then puréed into a light, delicious pâté, I can’t stop myself from eating it.

I finally got over my fear of cooking liver and tried a recipe for liver pâté. I always thought liver pâté was difficult to prepare but I was very surprised how easy it is to make.



Liver Pâté 
Liver is not pretty but with a smile it's quite adorable












Ingredients
  • 1 cup butter 
  • 1 onion, sliced 
  • 5 garlic clove, crushed
  • 1 pound chicken livers
  • 1 tablespoon brandy
  • 1 teaspoon mustard powder
  • ½ teaspoon salt 
  • Freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Melt half of the butter in a pan over a medium heat.
Add the onion and fry until softened, but not coloured.
Incorporate the garlic and chicken livers.
Fry the livers until they are golden-brown all over and cooked through. 

Add the brandy and mustard powder. 
Season well with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Place the liver mixture and 4 tablespoons of the remaining butter into a food processor and blend until smooth.
Transfer the pâté into a serving ramekin or small dish and decorate with a few dried of cranberries, some sprigs of your favourite herb or a bay leaf (optional).
Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter in a clean pan.
Skim off the froth and pour the butter over the pâté. 

Chill in the refrigerator at least an hour before serving on crackers or a slice of fresh baguette.





Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment